Privacy notices for our various stakeholders
- For clients and other persons interested in services/offerings of LGT Capital Partners
- For investors in discretionary mandates
- For investment managers and portfolio companies
- For all other business partners of LGT Capital Partners (suppliers, service providers, etc.)
- For job applicants
Privacy Notice for website visitors
Last updated: November 2023
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. We process your data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and the Data Protection Act. In this Data Privacy Notice we inform you of the most important aspects pertaining to the processing of your data, which we collect when you use our website, social media profiles, mobile apps or any other web applications. This Data Privacy Notice also explains some of the measures used to ensure the confidentiality of the data transmitted and to protect your privacy.
This Data Privacy Notice applies to the website of LGT Group (“Website”). We reserve the right to amend this Data Privacy Notice without prior notice of any changes (e.g. legal circumstances, product or services offering, data processing policy). Any amendments become applicable from the time they are published on the Website. Some pages may contain links to other providers (“Third-party Providers”) within and outside LGT Group, to which this Data Privacy Notice does not apply. The conditions and data privacy notices of the respective Third-party Providers apply for the linked websites and content. We assume no liability in connection with linked third-party websites.
1. Contact with us
If you establish contact with us by e-mail, your data are used for processing or post-processing of the inquiry, to establish contact and for technical administration purposes.
2. Incorporation of third-party services and contents
Third-party content and services may be incorporated into the Website (known as externally embedded components or plugins/widgets). These always require that the Third-party Providers of such content use Visitors’ IP addresses, as no content can be sent to the Visitor's browser without the IP address.
In order to share website content via social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), a cookie must be installed on your end device. Once you have used this function, the responsibility for further data processing lies with the respective Third-party Provider. By clicking on the symbol, you consent to communication with the relevant platform and the transmission of information to the third-party provider in question.
We have no control over the amount of information that these Third-party Providers collect by means of the button or as a result of your use of pages that incorporate certain third-party services. If you use the services of Third-party Providers, the responsibility for the further processing of data lies with the respective third-party provider.
On the Website, we use the following third-party products for these purposes:
Wistia-Videos provided by Wistia Inc., 17 Tudor Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
4. Data protection
4.1 Data processing and data storage
The data collected that have been entered by you are forwarded to the competent unit within LGT Group. The data remain confidential during this process. The data are not disclosed to third parties, unless required (e.g. the mailing of newsletters or brochures by a provider).
The use of state-of-the-art security software and certified encoder and encryption procedures ensure that our IT infrastructure complies with international security standards. We have also implemented additional comprehensive security measures and technical as well as organizational measures to protect your data against loss, unauthorized access and misuse in accordance with state-of-the-art technology for Internet access to accounts and custody accounts.
Irrespective of the measures taken to protect your data, data protection and confidentiality may be limited when data is processed via universally accessible media. When using the Internet to send transmissions from a computer, mobile phone or another end device, it cannot by its nature be excluded that third parties can obtain access to your data and in so doing, can draw inferences concerning possible business relationships, or that personal data are transmitted to third countries without our cooperation or knowledge.
We recommend that particularly sensitive data, especially personal data and data relating to client relationships (account, custody account, transactions, etc.), be transmitted only via secure communication channels. Due to the risks involved, your entry or transmission of personal or business data within the scope of the Website or other digital services is done voluntarily and without any assurances. We do not accept any liability for direct and indirect damages arising in connection with the use of the Website, digital services or their contents.
4.2 Legal basis and purposes of processing
Your data are processed on the basis of a legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR) for the following purposes:
- As the operator of the Website, we have a legitimate interest in the effective design of the Website, the highest degree of stability and functionality of the Website, the statistical analysis of visitor behavior for optimization and marketing purposes, the targeted advertising or personalized direct advertising and the secure, user-friendly mailing of newsletters.
- Due to the legitimate interest of a Third-party Provider (e.g. Wistia) to incorporate personalized advertising based on Visitors’ surfing behavior or on market research. The Third-party Providers have undertaken to observe the Privacy Shield Framework between the EU and the US regarding the collection, use and storage of personal data from EU member states.
Where required, your data can also be processed for the purposes of performance of a contract or the initiation of business contact or on the basis of your explicit consent.
4.3 Your rights
You have the following data subject rights with regard to your personal data (Art. 15 to 21 GDPR):
- The right to information: you can request information about whether and to what extent we process your personal data.
- The right to rectification, erasure and restriction of processing: you can have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified or you can demand that your data be erased (e.g. if they are no longer necessary, you have withdrawn your consent, or these data are being unlawfully processed) or that the processing thereof be restricted.
- Right of revocation: you can revoke your consent for the processing of your data at any time. The revocation of consent is only effective for the future and does not have any impact on the lawfulness of the data processed until the time of revocation. Revocation also has no impact on data processing conducted based on a different legal basis.
- Right of data portability: you can have the data which you have provided to us transmitted in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format.
- Right to lodge a complaint: if you feel that your rights have been violated by our data processing, you can lodge a complaint with the Liechtenstein Data Protection Office or another supervisory authority of an EU or EEA member state (e.g. in your place of residence or work or in the place where the GDPR was violated).
The contact details of the competent supervisory authority are:
Office of the Federal Data Protection
and Information Commissioner FDPIC
Phone: +41 58 462 43 95
4.4 Right to object
- In individual cases: if the processing of your data is carried out in the public interest or to safeguard legitimate interests by us or a third party, you can object to this processing at any time for the future on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- Direct marketing: you can object informally to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes. In the case of such an objection from you, we shall no longer process your data for such purposes.
Please contact us at the following address if you have any questions regarding data protection or wish to exercise your rights: